Project Controls Technician Apprentice
Project Controls Institute (PCI) has recently secured a contract to recruit, train and facilitate offering Project Controls Technician Apprenticeship. If you have a passion and right skills to build your career in this exciting field of Project Controls, please apply for the position at link below. PCI’s scope is to offer end-to-end support i.e., shortlisting the candidates, training them over the period of 42 months and preparing them for QCF Diploma and EPA. A Project Controls Technician Apprentice is required to assist in basic cost estimating analysis, schedule development, maintenance, reporting, and monitoring activities as directed. Duties consist of a variety of tasks set within parameters established by the procedure or process being supported and the cost or schedule engineer assigning the task
Our client has been established in the UK for over 60 years and has been successful in delivering large projects in the infrastructure, oil & gas and power market sectors – e.g. Channel Tunnel Rail Link and Crossrail. This position will be based in central London . From time to time there may be a need to travel to other client locations in the London area and, in the future, other locations outside of London.
The project controls team establishes and maintain systems and tools needed to control scope, costs and schedule when delivering a project. Those working in Project Controls are responsible for gathering and analyzing data, using project controls tools, in order to understand whether a project is on schedule and budget. They can use this information to recommend changes needed to maintain progress or take action to bring a project back on track. They are involved in all phases of a project – from planning right through delivery. Project Controls are essential for the successful delivery of any large, complex project and a core function within Bechtel.
Details of this Position
- Assist in basic cost estimating, analysis, schedule development, maintenance, reporting, and monitoring activities, as directed.
- Duties consist of a variety of tasks set within parameters established by the procedure or process being supported and the cost or schedule engineer assigning the task.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Maintains relationships within the assigned group, and with other functions, as appropriate to the tasks required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The following duties are common across disciplines within the Project Controls function:
- Collects or receives, as directed, drawings and other scope definition documentation that applies to assigned discipline or commodity specialty, and verifies adequacy and completeness.
- Collects and tabulates quantity data for summary comparisons and reconciliations.
- Assists in preparing graphic presentations from draft materials prepared by Project Controls personnel.
The following duties are performed with respect to Cost Engineering:
- Performs routine assigned tasks related to preparation and application of cost monitoring and control standards, techniques, programs, and reports as specifically directed.
- Assists in collecting, classifying, and categorizing cost data, as directed.
- Applies unit rates (cost and job hour) to quantities and performs extensions for total cost estimates, as assigned within a discipline or commodity specialty.
The following duties are performed with respect to Scheduling:
- Assigns scope (hours, quantities, etc.) to schedule activities as specifically directed.
- Calculates durations for schedule activities within a discipline or specialty based on scope (hours, quantities, etc.), as directed.
- Organizes appropriate quantity and work force information for an assigned discipline or specialty.
- Gathers information to support specific schedule studies, as directed. Gathers schedule information for updating discipline or specialty progress and performance reports, as directed.
- Inputs to various proprietary schedule software systems, including data preparation, file management, report generation, and general file quality and content control. These systems typically include Primavera, MS Project, Milestones, Schedule Contingency calculators, etc.
- Living in England with right to work in the UK
- Not in full-time education
- A minimum of five GCSEs including Maths and English
- Commitment to complete the apprenticeship program
- An interest in infrastructure projects
- Show motivation to settle in and succeed in the role
- Good attitude and communication skills
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Willing to travel to other work locations in the London area from time-to-time. In the future, may need to visit other work locations outside of London.
£17,000.00 – £19,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 September 2018
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Please send your profile to email@example.com