Primavera P6 Training
What are thresholds in Primavera P6?
A threshold is a user-defined trigger that identifies when the status of an activity has exeeded or is close to moving beyond an acceptable range.
Thresholds are created by:
- Selecting a parameter ex. start date variance, cost variance, cost % of budget
- Set lower and upper values for the threshold’s range
- Apply the threshold to a specific work breakdown structure
When you create a threshold for a specific WBS element, you can specify how you monitor the WBS element.
- You can monitor the threshold at the activity level
- You can monitor the threshold at the WBS level.
Once you have defined a threshold in Primavera P6, it can be monitored to identify whether it has any issues associated with it.
For example: Set up a threshold using the Total Float parameter.
- the lower threshold value is 1D
- the upper threshold value is 10D
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.